Things You Should Know About Mold
- There are many potential health effects and symptoms associated with mold exposures including allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
- If mold is a problem in your home we can help clean up the mold and eliminate sources of moisture.
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60%) to decrease mold growth by: venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside; using air conditioners and de-humidifiers; increasing ventilation; and using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning.
- Clean and dry any damp or wet building materials and furnishings within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- We clean mold off anything with our advanced cleaning technology.
- To prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation.
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting (i.e., by drinking fountains, by classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks or frequent condensation).
- Molds can be found essentially anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, if there is constant moisture. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods.
How do molds affect people?
Some people are very sensitive to molds. Exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Serious allergies to molds, may have more severe reactions such as fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.
Here at Service Master Apple Valley we specialize in mold removal and remeditation for the towns of Cheshire, Wallingford, New Haven, Wallingford and Southington. Contact us today for a free estimate!